Governance and Investment
The RCT Pension Fund must make sure that solid governance arrangements are in place to ensure the smooth running of the Fund.
Our policy documents can be viewed here.
The funds Governance structure can be viewed here.
Local Pension Board
In accordance with the Public Services Pensions Act 2013 the Pension Fund was required to appoint, by 1st April 2015, a Local Pension Board to assist Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council Administering Authority as 'Scheme Manger' in -
- Securing compliance with the Principal Regulations and any other legislation relating to the governance and administration of the LGPS;
- Securing compliance with the requirements imposed in relation to the LGPS by the Pensions Regulator; and
- Ensuring the effective and efficient governance and administration of the LGPS by the Scheme Manager
The Pension Board has now been appointed and is made up of two employer representatives and two member representatives. The minutes of the RCT council meeting appointing the board can be found here. The Terms of Reference can be accessed here, and a copy of the Pension Board Application Form used to recruit the board members can be accessed here.
Employer Representatives: Responsible for representing all the Fund Employers (Scheduled, Designated, and Admitted Bodies)
- Professor Hugh Coombs (Chair), University of South Wales
- Mr Gwyn Wllliams (Assistant Director of Finance), South Wales Police Authority
Member Representatives: Responsible for representing all Scheme Members (Active, Deferred, and Pensioner Members)
- Mr Rob Whiles, Pensioner
- Mrs Angela Pring (Accountant - Education & Finance), Active Member and Union Steward
The first meeting of the Local Pension Board was held on 15th July 2015
RCT Pension Board Minutes
Minutes of the Pension Board Meeting 20th October 2016
Pension Board Meeting Agenda 20th October 2016
Minutes of the Pension Board Meeting 22nd April 2016
Pension Board Meeting Agenda 22nd April 2016
Minutes of the Pension Board Meeting 27th.January 2016
Pension Board Meeting Agenda 27th January 2016
Minutes of the Pension Board Meeting 5th November 2015
Minutes of the Pension Board Meeting 15th July 2015
Investment strategy is considered and agreed by the Pension Fund Investment Panel. The Panel meets quarterly to determine policy in the light of market movements and to question and challenge the Investment Managers on their performance.
The Fund managers carry out the actual day-to-day investment management of the Fund.
A number of key documents are summarised demonstrating compliance.